|CREATIVE DESIGNWORKS, LLC
Applying Fabric and Trims to Webbing
1. To prevent fraying, fuse cut ends of webbing by passing the webbing several times through flame of a lit match.
2. Cut fabric piece twice the width of
webbing and 1" longer than length. This will produce a fabric
piece that will cover the webbing completely, from side to side.
|Wonderunder by Pellon is widely available at Wal-Mart and fabric stores. It is a fusible web product on a paper backing, usually located with the interfacings.||
4. Using webbing as a guide, fold short ends of fabric piece under to fit to length of webbing. (not illustrated)
5. Fold long edges of fabric piece to center and press in place.
6. Remove paper backing from one piece of Wonderunder.
7. Open fabric piece and lay Wonderunder down center, trimming to fit within pressed lines if necessary.
8. Refold fabric around Wonderunder and press in place.
9. Trim second piece of Wonderunder so it is narrower than fabric piece. See illustration below.
10. Lay second piece of Wonderunder, paper side up, on back side of fabric piece. Press in place.
11. Allow piece to cool completely, then peel paper backing off.
|12. Center fabric piece on webbing, right side up. Press in place, then stitch along edges.|
|To apply ribbon or trims to webbing, fit trim to webbing as in step 4, then follow steps 9-12.|
|Top of Page