Cut lightweight cotton fabric and craft
weight interfacing (Craft Bond or Craft Fuse by Pellon) according
to the chart below.
1. Preheat iron to lowest steam setting.
2. Cut fabric to desired size according to chart below.
3. Cut interfacing to desired size according to chart below.
(note for 3/8 and .1/2" widths, a lighter weight interfacing
may be necessary to keep strap.thin enough to fit through hardware slots)
4. Lay fabric on ironing board, wrong side up. Center interfacing,
fusible.side down, on fabric.
5. Trim narrow triangle from each corner of interfacing, approximately
1/16" x 3/4".
This will help the inside layers of fabric tuck neatly inside.
6. Fuse interfacing in place. Fold fabric ends over interfacing
7. Fold fabric in half lengthwise, right side out, and press.
Unfold fabric. Fold one side into center crease and press. Repeat
with second side. Fold on.center crease and press.
8. Stitch close to edge along both long edges. Strap is finished.
9. You can use the measurements in the
chart below to make a classic dog collar. Link
to basic collar tutorial. Link
to the collar hardware offered on this site.